Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

My mayo didn't break!!

Ive tried making mayo before and it was an utter failure. This time I followed Melissa Jouwen's recipe in her book "Well Fed" and...


IT FINALLY WORKED!

I took one kinda sorta short cut and it really turned out well. From my previous errors, I knew the mayo would break if I over mixed as I added the oil. In the past, my problem was either I drizzled too slowly or too quickly. This time I used a small food processor and added oil in 1/3 cupfuls and pulsed 6 times after each addition. After the last 1/3, I ran the processor for... maybe 5 seconds? until I saw the mayo thicken and I stopped. 

I threw some in tuna with my own spice blend of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and tumeric (hence, it's very yellow). I ate this alongside some halved cherry tomatoes. 



It came out sooo yummy that it's toddler-approved!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment