Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Appetizer in a hurry!

If there is one trait every single person in my family shares, it's our ability to get HANGRY. What's that, you ask? Oh, that's the mood you get in when it dawns on you you need to eat immediately OR THERE WILL BE DIRE CONSEQUENCES.

That happened late this afternoon as we waited patiently for our food delivery order to arrive (because I already spent all my ambitious cooking energy for the weekend and lived mostly off of photo-shy leftovers). I knew I needed to whip together something super quick and not awful tasting. We set the bar pretty low here. 

Well, I really outdid myself with this one. 

Meet my Mushroom & Avocado appetizer. I was inspired by a conversation I had with dear friends yesterday and an incredible dish I had at a tiny NYC tapas bar named Las Ramblas in the West Village. Super fragrant, super rich, super quick. This will surely be making more frequent appearances in this house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment